The first day of the year may very well be my favoritest 24 hours of any year! It’s a clean slate, a fresh beginning, a new adventure with limitless possibilities. I also love resolutions. Resolve means to be determined, to decide, to make up one’s mind, to make a decision. That’s what Angie and I did about a year ago, we decided to write a children’s book and get it published. We resolved to make our dreams of being a children’s book author and illustrator come to life. So we created this space to help us do it.
This fun, virtual and ever-growing space has three magnificent dreams (they’re really goals, but that sounds so boring):
- To help Angie and I collaborate to make the bestest, most funnest, impossibly entertaining book possible.
- To blast our way into the children’s book scene with an army full of Loupotamus fans and an irresistible story to share.
- To make it inconceivable, impossible, incomprehensible for an any publisher to not want to publish our book this year.
My personal goal for 2013 to help us reach all three of those goals outside of the website is to visit the Philadelphia Free Library (which is just a few blocks away from where I work) at least three times a month to read more children’s books, connect with the author/reader community, find ways to promote the book.
I’ve even snagged a couple of lists of books to check out first:
- Picture Books & Chapter Books of 2012, The Wall Street Journal
- 100 Magnificent Children’s Books of 2012, Fuse 8 Productions
Do you have any suggestions as to children’s books I should read? What children’s books are your favorite?
I’ll keep you updated on my library adventure. Step 1 – fill out the application for a library card.